Mmm, Minestrone Soup! Speaking of my Ninja blender which doubles as a food processor, I created this fresh replica of Bertucci’s minestrone soup which I cannot seem to find on the menu any longer. I headed down to my local Stop and Shop and picked up a fresh squash and fresh Zuccini. I added freshly diced celery (Ok, I didn’t dice it Stop and Shop did) and freshly diced yellow onion. I grabbed a bag of the pre-shredded carrots just to make my life a little easier and did the rest of the food prep with my Ninja food processor. The food processor effortlessly took care of the rest- the zucchini, squash, and tomatoes. I boiled some low sodium vegetable broth and added an array of Italian seasonings to the broth. Lastly, I added pinto beans and chilled mini shell pasta (from a box). I let the flavors marry for a few hours on a low stovetop setting.
Boy, did this minestrone hit the spot! It was perfect for the cold winter day that we had on the day it was prepared. I don’t know about you, but I always find soup to be super filling and comforting. Of course, I made sure to make extra servings to freeze for future meals. I paired this with a provolone grilled cheese on rye bread and something about that combination just hits differently! As a kid, I would always have saltine crackers with my soup, but I do enjoy dunking my grilled cheese in it as well. I am always a huge advocate of listening to our bodies, and as a Nurse I frequently encourage my Patients to do so. Today, my body was craving fresh veggies and I think it was my stress-ridden immune system speaking. We are so lucky in America to have access to such a wide range of fresh vegetables- some even pre-chopped and easy to incorporate.

No comments:
Post a Comment