Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Ninja Foodi Created Burrito Bowl


I can’t always be fancy, and I can't always order Chipotle from door dash! For Christmas last year I was gifted with a Ninja Foodi which has the abilities to pressure cook, steam, and air fry (and probably more)! The thing is, I haven't stepped out of my comfort zone and flipped through the pages and pages of recipes included in my Ninja Foodi box. So, it has been collecting dust on a rack I have housing multiple appliances that I seldomly use and have collected throughout the years. I will say I also have a Ninja blender and it is worth every penny! It blends effortlessly and can also be used as a food processor. I couldn't let this beauty of an appliance go to waste though, so I made a resolution to learn how to use it! 

The black beans are a little over-cooked but everything else came out perfectly! not bad for my first attempt at using the Ninja. Like a Ninja, this appliance pressure cooked the bonless chicken breasts perfectly, yet quickly- they were so tender and juicy. I pulled the chicken effortlessly with a fork. I then used a can of enchilada red sauce found in the international isle of my local grocery store and topped with a Mexican blend of pre-shredded cheeses; I know what you are thinking- MORE cheese?! Yes, I cannot go a day without. This protein rich meal couldn't go without its mixed wild rice from the Near East brand as it needed a carbohydrate counterpart to truly resemble a Chipotle inspired burrito bowl. Of course, I added a little twist with the enchilada sauce to get that distinct Mexican Restaurant style burrito flavor.  Only thing this dish was lacking was fresh Pico de Gallo (authentic tomato salsa) just to break up the flavors a little bit. I do typically aim to consume balanced meals with a protein, veggie and a carbohydrate as this was instilled in me as a child- everything in moderation is key! I am just happy to say that I used one appliance (successfully) to prepare this burrito bowl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York Style Breakfast Sandwhich

Ok, I’ll admit it. My guilty pleasures as a Registered Nurse are good eats and sleeping in whenever I can rarely afford to! With all the hus...