Monday, January 18, 2021

Seasoned, Lemon Salmon with Cheesy, Broccoli, Cauliflower Side



One of the first recipes I ever learned to cook. I was nine years old and I was visiting my "baby" state of New Jersey (what I termed the place where I was born). My parents decided to reconnect with old friends of theirs and my Father's friend Mike brought over fresh salmon. He pulled me into the kitchen and told me "I am going to teach you how to make salmon. It is so easy, and everyone is going to think you are a chef when they take a bite!" It was then that he showed me how to prepare salmon, dressed in freshly squeezed lemon juice, and Magic Salmon Seasoning. I was so confident in this recipe, it wasn’t long before I was back in my home state of Georgia, independently using the grill, and preparing this meal on several occasions for my family of four. My parents never learned of the recipe, so I truly looked like a master chef as promised. Today, I continue to use that very seasoning. It has a spicey kick and neutralizes the fishy flavor of salmon. I have even converted non-fish eaters into loving this dish! Not only is it healthy providing a source of omega-3’s but it is absolutely delectable! 

 

Pictured above, I prepared frozen fresh caught salmon (as opposed to farm- raised) which I find has a better flavor. I used fresh lemon juice and the Magic Salmon Seasoning, and actually cooked it in the toaster oven for about 20-25 minutes until flaky. I would have opted to grill but it was too cold outside in this frigid, winter season and I was only cooking for one. it paired with a cheesy cauliflower/broccoli combination- frozen cooked to preserve nutritional benefits of the vegetables. My mother had always prepared frozen vegetables growing up, and although I prefer fresh veggies, they are easy to make in a pinch and don’t go to waste as easily. This meal is 5/5 stars- Simple, filling, and zesty!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York Style Breakfast Sandwhich

Ok, I’ll admit it. My guilty pleasures as a Registered Nurse are good eats and sleeping in whenever I can rarely afford to! With all the hus...